Sunday, January 28, 2007
Friday, January 26, 2007
Today Sheena still managed to look very happy and cute in her corner chair despite being off-color with a nasty cold.
At childcare this week, Sheena's Physiotherapist went in to show how the carers can best help Sheena's physical development. Sheena is only in there 2 day a week, but bring it on I say - she needs as much help in that area as possible. Sheena's physio is excellent in passing on techniques and she has an ability to make it seem interesting and exciting. Initially it was. I'd have her on the exercise ball, or get her doing squats, it was something different. Now, however, it is a chore a lot of the time. It is not spontaneous or natural, like reading a book, or rough-housing. Its just therapy, and it is hard to stay excited about it day after day.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Monday, January 22, 2007
We spent the weekend at the beach, but it was not good weather for our 1 year old. Despite it being quite warm, it was very windy and raining a lot of the time. Sheena did come to the beach with us a couple of times, but otherwise hubby and I tag-teamed it, so that we could both have some decent swimming and surfing sessions.
Friday, January 19, 2007
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Monday, January 15, 2007
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
1. Do you like the looks and content of your blog? It does the job.
2. Does your family know about your blog? Yes.
3. Can you tell your friends about your blog? I don't tell work collegues, but for the most part, my friends know about it.
4. Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? Occasionally I explore beyond. Especially when Sheena was diagnosed with IS, I wanted to find a blog on a person with DS and IS - no luck.
5. Did your blog positively affect your mind? Yes, it was good to get it off my chest.
6. What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? I don't track it, however I am disappointed if I do an entry and I don't get any comments - boo-hoo.
7. Do you imagine what other bloggers look like? No, the photos help.
8. Do you think blogging has any real benefit? I use it like keeping a diary.
9. Do you think that the blogosphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?Not really…
10. Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them? Not very interested. I leave that up to Hubby.
11. Do you think criticizing your blog is useful? I hate it when the spelling-police come out.
12. Have you ever thought what would happen to your blog in case you died? No.
13. Which blogger has had the greatest impression on you? Ramblings of the Bearded One It is all over the place with topics, so it keeps things interesting.
14. Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you? The Shamptons.
15. Name a song you want to listen to. Sheena is a Punk Rocker, by the Ramones.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Here is miss butter wouldn't melt in my mouth. She seems to have a lot of photos of her putting on this 'aren't I sweet and innocent' expression - yeah, right. Hubby got her a piano for Christmas, and Sheena has started getting into it. While she doesn't hate being in prone, she'd much rather be on her back, so we are trying to invent ways to amuse her in prone, so that she doesn't immediately roll over. Here is a YouTube clip of her playing the piano.
Monday, January 08, 2007
Sheena had her 1st Birthday over the weekend. We had a big BBQ for her, and she was in great form, epecially after coming downstairs after a nap, when she did the rounds and smiled at everyone I showed her.
There were about 25 adults and maybe 15 kids/babies, so it was by far the biggest party we've had in this house. It happened to rain for the 1st time in a long time, so we were all crammed in the rumpus room instead of spreading out onto the decking and backyard, but that's life. We were probably the only people in Melbourne not hoping for rain.
Nan made this cake, and Sheena had some pink icing and loved it. It was REALLY good, and only Sheena's individual cake was leftover. Aunty Christy made these letters too, which helped with the decorating. We are going to put them up in Sheena's room later.
Friday, January 05, 2007
Sheena had an appointment with her Peadiatrition yesterday. He'd never seen her well before, so he was impressed with her progress. I mentioned to him that she has recently gone off her solids again - except yoghurt and banana. However, she'd be happy enough without that too. He said not to worry about it, as she is still on the chubby side, and it should sort itself out. She has actually lost a full kilo since coming off the prednisolone! That is huge. It is more than 10% of her body-weight.
He was a more positive about Sheena's outcomes. The MRI had nothing out of the ordinary and those dreadful bloods we had to get done just after Christmas were also fine. He wants me to consult with the Neurologist about taking her off epilepsy meds completely, and we have an appointment with him next week, so we shall see.
Sheena was funny in her bath tonight. She thinks she is swimming, and gets very excited. It is worth a watch: Sheena Splashing.