Monday, October 02, 2006
Work will wait.
Sheena had a terrible day today. I went to my parents house for some company (and help). She was OK until around noon, then had a balling her eyes out session that lasted until 3pm. A panadol and an emema in between, but exhaustion finally go the better of her. Not a lot of fun. She possibly has gastro which I had mildly yesterday, and Sheena doesn't seem to get things very mildly. It was one of those cases where you debate about calling the Dr, but as I had my mum around, we decided to wait until she fell asleep. If she wakes up the same, I will have to reassess.
The big news of the day is that I have suspended my return to work. I rang my boss and explained Sheena's medical issues and he completely understood. I'd kind of gone back earlier than arranged to work on a project, but Sheena is too unwell at the moment for me to concentrate and do a good job in the office. We also have so many appointments that it is too much to juggle. He is flexible about when I return to work before my year's maternity is up.