Friday, October 20, 2006

Camp Weekend


We are off to a Down Syndrome Camp this weekend for new parents. We had booked to go before Sheena was diagnosed with her epilespy and all the problems she's had lately. I am quite unsure if it is going to work-out, but we'll give it a go, and if it doesn't, we'll bail. I have warned the camp co-ordinator that Sheena is very difficult at the moment. Volunteer Therapy Students are there to look after the babies and give us parents lots of time-out. They are going to give Sheena a person all to herself. I am telling them that she is like a collicy newborn - so they have been warned. I figure that we need the respite more than most at the moment.

She was better yesterday - 10 smiles. Today a lot more moaning, but still a little better. She has probably gotten over her gastro, so is able to feel a bit more comfortable in herself.

News from the the Neuro that we saw on Wednesday. He suggests that Sheena's development will take another 6 months at least before she gets back on track to what she was at 6 months. I try to look at it as just numbers, and she'll get there eventually. My mum likes to put it that we have an 8kg newborn, instead of a an 8 pound newborn.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope you're able to get a lot out of this camp - and get a much needed break! Hope Sheena does well too!

Christy said...

Poor little darling, STG looks exhausted!!
I hope you get to have some FUN on the came. Those therapy students will love her and all the other kids. Its so good you get to go to these things.
See you with all the reports when you get back.

The Mom said...

I hope the camp is helpful and that both you guys and Sheena do okay. I'm sorry she is going through so much right now. Our thoughts and prayers are with you...

Hugs to your beautiful little girl!

Kim Ayres said...

I've never heard of a Down Syndrome Camp before and had no idea they existed. Hope you all have a good time

Amy Flege said...

that camp sounds great! i hope you get the chance to enjoy it!!! she is so cute in her swing!! :)